Wednesday, January 16, 2008

For Starters...

After a considerable period of reluctance, the time has officially arrived for me to begin leaving my internet footprint.

And I was so against "MySpace". Ah well, at some point in all our lives we must come to terms with the sad fact that we are simply another lunatic in the crowd on the sidelines of the game of life. There are many players, all making things happen, all walking around with their faces hanging out and their big plans slowly coming to fruition, yet there are many more non-players, lunatics, and well-wishers that simply never understand the rules. I number in this latter group.

So this web log is a way for me, us, the common jerk to scream a little bit. I expect to cover a number of topics, most of which will seem directly important to the common man and will seem most decidedly ridiculous to the caviar-and-segway set. This blog will feature completely biased, opinion-based critique and commentary, with shades of fiction and journalism inter-weaved. Most of the journalistic topics (ie politics, world news) will have no actual research behind them, but will be infuriating yet entertaining op-ed pieces. Like all op-ed writing, mine will be used to categorically demonstrate how much better my opinion is than almost everyone else's (I will mention the few, if any, who have better opinions).

A little about me: I have been a professional writer for a number of years. I work mostly in creative writing, but have forayed into journalism on a number of occasions. If anyone wants to know my true identity, they are free to ask.

I find most journalists to be parasitic versions of blood-hounds, chasing stories and deadlines and publishers around like teenage boys chasing their own hard-ons into the girls locker room. They are ambulance-chasing vampires who catch the hot story on the way to the morgue. Now, I say MOST journalists are like this. Certainly, there are a few to the contrary...

No comments: